Academic Outreach and Innovation (AOI) is the division of Washington State University that promotes and supports the use of academic technology and innovative pedagogy in a wide variety of teaching and learning contexts—traditional classrooms, online courses, and video conferencing courses.
AOI consists of five pillars, each of which uses technology and innovative strategies to enhance WSU’s mission to advance, extend, and apply knowledge:
- WSU Global Campus offers students undergraduate and graduate degrees, as well as non-degree options, 100% online.
- Learning Innovations works to discover, implement, and support academic technology that increases faculty efficiency and enhances student access and engagement.
- Learn365 offers year-round learning opportunities, both on physical WSU campuses and online, including Summer Session, Winter Session, Summer Advantage, and Calculated Success.
- Conference Management conceptualizes, plans, and implements conferences and events, with clients on and off campus.
- Professional Education offers non-credit professional development, giving students a convenient way to increase their skills and earn certifications.